AW16 Interiors Trends with Rachel Winham
Our Design Director, Rachel Winham, gives you her top interiors trends for this Autumn Winter 2016. Broken down by colour trends, accessories, furnishings and more, get some design inspirations for how to get the best interior style for this season.
1. Deep Burgundy & Cream
2. Sage Green, Tan, Burnt Orange
3. Mustard Yellow & Grey
4. Metals – Copper & Brass.
• Mixing metals can be used throughout any interior scheme. More recently we have seen mixed metals use on cutlery. This gives you the flexibility to play with contrasting tones for your dinnerware to create a fun and interesting table setting.
5. Use of Mirror.
• Brings stunning outside views to the forefront of your interior décor. Makes other interior elements such as cupboards subtler and hidden.
6. Statement Walls – Picture Wall & Feature Wallpaper.
• Statement walls capture your visitor’s attention. They can transform a dull space into a key feature of the interior dynamics. When placing artwork on patterned wallpaper make sure you chose complimentary pieces to ensure they don’t clash.
7. Soft Lighting
• Delicate warm lighting schemes create an atmospheric mood throughout your space. Being able to have dimmers is essential to ensure the lighting is right for the correct setting. Decorative pendants are a stylish option for soft lighting techniques.
8. Accessories – Statement Dressing & Layering
• Using a mixture of shapes, sizes and materials when styling shelving creates a considered look. Layering a bed with cushions of varying sizes and textures with a tailored bed spread and decorative soft throw creates a sumptuous bed.
9. Geometric Patterns
• Geometric patterns is a great way of adding depth to an interior scheme.
10. Cosy Reading Corners
• A comfortable area helps you settle into the cold British winter season creating a relaxed atmosphere.
Rachel Winham, Director of Rachel Winham Interior Design, is an experienced London-based interior designer with a wealth of knowledge within the residential and developer sectors. Rachel started her career designing luxury property interiors in the Caribbean in 2007 before returning to the UK to work with a well-known London based designer. Wishing to expand her portfolio and client base, Rachel founded Rachel Winham Interior Design in 2011 and has since built a talented and dedicated team. Rachel’s distinctive classic chic style of luxury and comfort draws on inspiration from home and travelling around the world. An innate passion for interior design, a personable approach and uncompromised detail has been the perfect foundation for her growing success. Their portfolio includes iconic projects such as Southbank Tower, Riverside Quarter and Chelsea Galleries.